Need some advicee

Chloelynn16

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
Hello everyone, some people may have read that i got a chick poachy, who isnt a particular breeed, just a mix and match, but because she hatched out as one chicken, i went and got her a friend. this friend was an old english game, when i introduced them to eachother, they were a little wary, but now they are the best of friends. problem is my old english game, if near my other old hens, she will try to attack them. ive never had a breed like the old english game before, and im worried that she will try and fight my other hens when i move her into the bigger henhouse, she is fine with poachy, so will she get used to the other hens? i only have 7 hens, and one roo, but she is the only old english game bird? shes very tame towards me and will follow me round and everything, its just the older hens she doenst get on with,.....any advice?

Hi, I have some old english bantams and they can be a little uppity with the other hens at first (added 6 newbies recently). The pecking order settled itself out though and all's well now. Tough to watch but after a few days it gets to be fewer and fewer dust ups. I'd say as long as she isn't overly nasty (drawing blood) let them sort it out. Just keep an eye on her.

That's my two cents. :)

Back
Top Bottom