Need some crocheting help

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by acid_chipmunk, Sep 26, 2010.

1. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    OK, so I am not the best crocheter in the world, but I try hard, and everyone says my stuff looks good.

Here is my delimma. I made an American Flag blanket. Actually made it to the federal specs for flags. (And, let me tell you how hard it was to figure THAT out!) I have the whole blanket, including the border done, but I can't figure out how to do the stars. I have a paper pattern for the star field that is also made to spec, but I am not sure how to go about putting them on. Should I crochet them first and sew them on, or should I crochet them directly onto the blue?

I can post pics if need be. Just let me know.

2. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    I think either is acceptable. It is more what effect do you want? I think you will get neater/better stars if you make them first and then sew them on. Since you seem to be doing a very special flag to specs, I would make the stars separate first.

JMHO!

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    i would make all stars first than i would then lay each one out and pin[temp] where i would like it than i would crochet them in middle and at the tip of each star.
    laura

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    That was my first idea.

Now, does anyone have a star pattern or have any idea where I can find one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by