Need some help ID'ing some buttons....

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Got roped into some buttons a few weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone can help me ID them. I swore that I would not do these little guys again but they were so cute.
roll.png

Sorry the pics aren't all that great but I was about to pull my hair out just trying to get these. Hope that they are enough to ID them. Boys or girls? Thanks for your help.

Bird 1
16250_100_57023.jpg

Bird 2
16250_100_56983.jpg

Bird 3
16250_100_56846.jpg

Bird 4 (there are two of these)
16250_100_5692.jpg

Bird 5
16250_100_5696.jpg

Supposedly if there are red vent feathers, then it is a male. (Excepting whites.)

Suppposedly the males make a weird air noise that can distinguish them as well.

Also, bibs that are creamy are hens and bibs that are pure white are males (supposedly.)

Hope it helps!
smile.png

#'s 2, 3, and 4 are all males. #'s 2 & 3 are both blueface, #4 looks like either a wild or a golden pearl. #5 is a female, redbreast. I can't tell for sure on #1, it looks like a female, but the blue breast would almost certainly mean male. I'd need a better picture of that one to be sure, and another pic of #4's back to tell if it's wild or g.p.
smile.png

Picture#1 is a blue breasted male,also wild type.
Pic#2,3 are both blue face, but don't know if male or female.
Pic#4 is also a blue breasted male.
Pic#5 is a female red breasted.
I hope this helps. You have really neat button quail, like the colors.
big_smile.png

Picture#1 Wild Male young
Pic#2 Blue Face Male
Pic#3 Blue Face Male
Pic#4 Wild male
Pic#5 Golden Red breasted Female

button quails are easiest sexed by the red vent feathers (other then white and some splash)
males make a air sound also -- kind of sounds like wind though a crack in door

Quote:
#'s 2 & 3 are both males, hence the blue on their breasts and faces. Females would be just the brown with black coloring
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom