Need some help with my muscovy hatchlings

Just a quick update on my first babies. Growing strong and almost as big as the adults now. Out of the 5 that survived the ordeals and trial and errors, im pretty sure we ended up with 4 boys and 1 girl.

Just a quick update on my first babies. Growing strong and almost as big as the adults now. Out of the 5 that survived the ordeals and trial and errors, im pretty sure we ended up with 4 boys and 1 girl.
Goodness are you keeping them all? better start looking for more females if you are. lol

Congrats On them growing and healthy.

Thanks. We will see how bossy they get but my original hens are sitting on more eggs again so should have more hatchlings towards the end of the month. Also looks like we wont have to move till early next year so hopefully that will give us some time to save so we can buy our own place without having to rent again.

Thanks. We will see how bossy they get but my original hens are sitting on more eggs again so should have more hatchlings towards the end of the month. Also looks like we wont have to move till early next year so hopefully that will give us some time to save so we can buy our own place without having to rent again.

Sounds like more girls are on the way, keep us updated. and pics of course.
smile.png

Will do. I cant wait to get our own place. Id love to give them i noce big natural dam to swim in. Plus i wouldnt mind getting into natural organic duck farming. Do you know if ducks will mix breed if kept in the same area or do they generally stick to their own breed. We are looking at getting some runner ducks and possibly pekings when we get our own place.

Will do. I cant wait to get our own place. Id love to give them i noce big natural dam to swim in. Plus i wouldnt mind getting into natural organic duck farming. Do you know if ducks will mix breed if kept in the same area or do they generally stick to their own breed. We are looking at getting some runner ducks and possibly pekings when we get our own place.
Oh yes drakes of other breeds will mate with any duck. They do not care in the least what breed it is as long as female.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom