Need some help

sf1205

Hatching
Apr 14, 2016
I just went out to check on my hens and give them some corn. At this time they are making their way inside the coop. My one hen is very upbeat every time I come out and especially with a snack but she was laying out side the coop (run area) not moving or standing up. I picked her up to put her inside the coop and she barley put up a fight. She wouldn't stand inside the coop and kinda sprawled her wings out.

She did eat some corn out of my hand and wasn't making any weird noises. I never seen her act like this and she's the alpha of the group. Any help would be great. Thank you.

hugs.gif
Comfort her the best you can. I had a similar situation wit one of my RIR twins. In the morning she was fine. Mid day she became lethargic. In the evening she was no more.
hit.gif
. All my other hens were and are fine. Some things are beyond our control.
WISHING YOU BEST.
Update us on her condition/progress.

It would help to know her age. Has she molted this year? Can you feel of her crop to check if it is empty, full, soft , puffy, or hard? Check her skin around the vent and elsewhere for any mites or lice. How do her droppings look--anything unusual? Will she eat some chopped egg or feed mixed with water? Add some poultry vitamins with electrolytes from the feed store to her water. Has she been laying eggs?

:hugs Comfort her the best you can.  I had a similar situation wit one of my RIR twins.  In the morning she was fine.  Mid day she became lethargic.  In the evening she was no more. :hit .  All my other hens were and are fine.  Some things are beyond our control. 
WISHING YOU BEST.   
Update us on her condition/progress. 

She jumped out of the coop this morning and was walking around.

She looks like she is molting. I would offer her some chopped egg or canned tuna, along with her usual feed. Check her crop in early am to make sure it is empty, them at night to see if she is eating.

Back
Top Bottom