Need some inexpensive inspiration

Hey chicken fan, I need some inspiration. I will be receiving my polets shortly. I have a 10 x 6 chain-link enclosure. Currently have a doghouse for a coop but I know that that is incorrect. Trying to figure out how to make it a run/coop in the most inexpensive way possible, we all know chickens will end up destroying it anyway. The chain-link is the top and all sides. The total height is approximately 8 feet tall. We use the chain-link in order to keep the big predators such as coyotes, bobcats, possums and fox out. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and consider. I know I need to put roosting bars and nesting boxes as well. Currently the hens ( I have 5 now) can sleep in the doghouse, but they also lay eggs there, so I’m trying to fix it up
Chain link fencing is not secure chickens or any other small animal. That’s why it’s typically used for dogs. Your run needs to be entirely wrapped in hardware cloth top bottom and 4 sides to prevent smaller animals from getting in and to prevent animals like raccoons from reaching in and tearing off the chickens heads by trying to pull them through the fence.

Back
Top Bottom