Need to get some chick starter on order... lil' help?

Panhandler80

Chirping
Feb 11, 2020
NW Florida
Trying to avoid going places, but will have chicks here soon.

How much (pounds) starter crumbles do I need for 15 chicks? Will be layers. What's a decent brand and type?

Thanks

GC-Raptor

Crowing
Jul 26, 2016
Connecticut, USA
How much (pounds) starter crumbles do I need for 15 chicks? Will be layers. What's a decent brand and type?
50 lbs should last 3 to 5 weeks depending on your feeder and how much is waisted.
I like Purina Start & Grow and Nutrena Naturewise Starter-Grower.
I use the Purina Medicated the first 10 weeks because I can't get the Nutrena medicated feed at TSC.
After 10 weeks I feed either one, Non-Medicated.
If you want to feed Organic, I like the Nature's Best Starter. GC

Panhandler80

Chirping
Feb 11, 2020
NW Florida
50 lbs should last 3 to 5 weeks depending on your feeder and how much is waisted.
I like Purina Start & Grow and Nutrena Naturewise Starter-Grower.
I use the Purina Medicated the first 10 weeks because I can't get the Nutrena medicated feed at TSC.
After 10 weeks I feed either one, Non-Medicated.
If you want to feed Organic, I like the Nature's Best Starter. GC
Okay. I just ordered some of this, but I guess not nearly enough. What are thoughts on it? May just leave it on order and pick up some of the other ones you recommended.

GC-Raptor

Crowing
Jul 26, 2016
Connecticut, USA
Okay. I just ordered some of this, but I guess not nearly enough. What are thoughts on it? May just leave it on order and pick up some of the other ones you recommended.

Looks good. Says feed to Chicks 0 to 16 weeks. GC

Panhandler80

Chirping
Feb 11, 2020
NW Florida
I'm gonna need a lot more. Honestly, just trying to avoid going into places, be it big-box, or mom and pop, stores.

What I sent is non-medicated. You said that you go with medicated for the first 10 weeks, huh? I only have 20 pounds on order. May just run into a store today after work here shortly and grab some.

Top Bottom