need to get zoning allowance

we are zoned business also,
i have had no problems,,but i didnt go ask,,,,ooops
i just thought that a pet store is a business, they have animals,,,
i also still live in the town in which i grew up,,,so still know people,,
and our neighbors also have chickens,,,i have sooo many roo's i have lost count,,
have neighbors on alll sides,,,no compaints,,,,
having said that
i would work from that angle, do you have good neighbors, would they give the ok, that is what variences are about right?

What you need is called a "variance". Here is an example of how to get a variance. Its not the same everywhere, but this is a pretty standard way to do it.

Your town will have a "Zoning Board" that handles issues related to zoning ordinaces. The process usually involves making an application to the "Zoning Board" for a variance. Sometimes there is a fee. Usually you have to make official notice (like a newspaper add or certified letter) to the neighboring properties. Then you have a public meeting with the "Zoning Board" where you go to present your case, and any objections by neighbors can be heard. Then the "zoning Board" will make a recomendation to either allow the variance or deny the variance.

Depending on your town, and the seriousness of the issue, this can be the end of it. OR, they may make their recommendation to the "City Council" and let them make the final decision.

The thing with ordinaces such as these is that they are not usually enforced until someone has a complaint. Sometimes its much easier to just fly under the radar, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom