Need to rant about Wells Fargo!

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
Hey guys, this has nothing to do with poultry, but I needed to rant.

So on Friday my Husband spent $4 at arby's, then on Friday night we treated ourselves to a slurpee at 7-11, spent $4, Then also on friday I bought some Incubator Quail racks on Ebay and Paid with paypal $15. I had the funds in my account to cover it, so no worries, well on Sunday I bought some silkie eggs on the 24hour crazy auction thread, and Since the the purchase for the quail racks still hadn't gone through I figured I could pay with paypal and put the cash to cover that purchase in the next day (Monday) Well on monday I went to the bank to put the money in at like 11 pm, but forgot my ATM card, and since the other paypal purchase still hadn't gone through, I figured I would be ok if I got up early the next morning to put the money in. Well at 5 am this morning I put the money in, but they payment had already cleared, so that was my fault, I understood the overdraft fee. But just like an hour ago, I check my account and I have 3 overdrafts for a total of $105, WHAT! The Paypal payment went through before the Arby's and 7-11, even though I paid for those 3 days before the paypal payment! So I call them and spend like 30 minutes arguing with them because their policy is that any purchases bought after 5 pm on friday are processed on monday and not in the order you bought them in, but in order of most expensive to least! THAT MAKES NO SENSE! I purchased them in the order I did, because I knew I had the money in there! So finaly I ask for a Supervisor, because the guy I'm talking to is dumber than a brick
smack.gif
, and right away the supervisor reversed all 3 overdrafts, why did I have to spend 30 minutes arguing with the brick, if it could have been that easy! I was in tears, and now I'm still Peeved!
barnie.gif
UGH!

So thank you for letting me rant, it actually helped ALOT!
rant.gif

Oh and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm in that peeved can't even see straight mode.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I got laid off from Wachovia world... I would've been dumped in with the WFargo dingies. Unfortunately I still bank with Wachovia so I'll be doomed soon enough when my bank accts transfer.

sad.png

So I call them and spend like 30 minutes arguing with them because their policy is that any purchases bought after 5 pm on friday are processed on monday and not in the order you bought them in, but in order of most expensive to least! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

It makes total sense if you're a bank & want to milk a customer for every last fee you can!

somad.gif

I also have WF. At Xmas time, my hubby took money out and didn't tell me tell later "It was for your present:/ anyway" he says. So I ended up with a $5 overdraft. I do have OD protection so they cover it with a $300 "loan". Why was that amount nescessary? In their words, "we wanted to make sure you were covered." Yeah, $300 did cover the $5 that I over drafted. Boy, was I mad!!

They own our mortgage. Try dealing with them on something BIG.
roll.png

About 5 years ago they began posting our payments(made with a physical check) to someone elses mortgage. We didnt know what was going on until they began sending us foreclosure notices. It was only after I dug out ALL the checks and read the backs of them that I noticed the account info printed on the back as they processed it, had changed by 1 number.
Of course it wasnt their fault. They refused to correct it until we filed bankruptcy and the judge that handled the bankruptcy read everything and MADE them fix it. But they still held us liable for all the late fees etc. By that time through the bankruptcy it was several months of late fees etc that they pinned on. Plus legal fees.
If it wasnt for the judge we would have lost our home because WF messed up and wouldnt take responsibility. I hate them

I sure don't understand how these banks are going out of business while their robbing all us with fees and fee fees, just allot of bull.

Of course when I look at the salaries of the CEO's running the banks, I understand why they charge us outrageous fees.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

They own our mortgage. Try dealing with them on something BIG.
roll.png

About 5 years ago they began posting our payments(made with a physical check) to someone elses mortgage. We didnt know what was going on until they began sending us foreclosure notices. It was only after I dug out ALL the checks and read the backs of them that I noticed the account info printed on the back as they processed it, had changed by 1 number.
Of course it wasnt their fault. They refused to correct it until we filed bankruptcy and the judge that handled the bankruptcy read everything and MADE them fix it. But they still held us liable for all the late fees etc. By that time through the bankruptcy it was several months of late fees etc that they pinned on. Plus legal fees.
If it wasnt for the judge we would have lost our home because WF messed up and wouldnt take responsibility. I hate them

OMG! You make my $105 in bogus fees look like a lovely spring day, LOL. How can they even legally do that! We swithced to them because we didn't like the way Bank of America treated us, but now Bank of America seems like a walk in the park.
barnie.gif

You will find that most banks do the greatest to least thing because they know if you OD anything then the more they put through the more fees you can rack up.

Bank of America did the same thing to me!

I now bank with a very small, local bank. They know me by name, recognize me every time I go in, never question me if I need something changed, explained or corrected. They treat me like it's my money and I'm just letting them borrow it for awhile.

Oh and FYI, they didn't take any government "bail out" because they didn't get sucked into the greed of lending to people they know can't pay the money back!!

Back
Top Bottom