Need to re-home guineas

Too bad we can't re-home the crappy neighbors huh?

Sorry keeping Guineas did not work out for you Karen. Maybe getting a couple laying Hens will fill that void for you?

SO, SO SORRY Karen. I know you loved them so much.

I sometimes wonder if our neighbors would re-home us. 100+ birds including 19 Turkeys, 41 Guineas and the rest Chickens.

I'm sure Tara had a better time at your home than she did here as you could dote over just the two.

if you would be interested in Quieter birds call Kris about some D'anver bantams. the girls make very little noise

RoberH

Yes, neighbors can be real butt heads at times. Nothing was said to me personally but I didn;t want to face that if the day would arise that I had to get rid of them. Tara was kinda loud and then she would get Teddy started. Joe and I have been traveling alot lately and couldn't find anyone reliable to tend to them, and I would worry myself sick over them when I was away. Then, I really could not let them be birds because of the free range thing. They were just stuck in 1 place and it wasn't fair to them anymore. They are both really sweet and I am going to miss them.. Its funny, Joe and I keep walking to the kitchen window to see what they are doing and they are not there anymore. Thanks to everyone and RobertH, I appreciate your offer again, but I want to be petless for a while now. I can't wait until Seth sends me some pics of them with all their friends, Mr and Miss chicken.

not that it helps, but they get a good pit quieter when they are about a year old. our first group were VERY noisy, then at about 11 months old it was like someone turned down the volume.

Roberth

it really wasn't the noise, I didn;t care what the neighbors thought, but I didn't want anyone to say anything to me or turn me in. Mostly it was me not being able to let them free range and I didn't think it was fair to them to keep them penned up 24/7. Then it was the traveling thing. All the people I have which are 3 different people sometimes they had excuses as to why they could not tend to them, or I they can feed them on these days, but not these. which I understand, they have lives also. But me worrying sick about them all the time. I know Seth is going to give them a good home. Robert you know how upset I was when Teddy would constantly peck at Tara, but after a few months, he was very protective of her. When Seth came to get them yesterday, Teddy chased Tara inside and he came back out to check him out. So he is going to keep them in the same run with his chickens but let them all see each other but not be able to get to them. I am happy he contacted me. I just wanted a good home for them.

hugs.gif

RobertH

hi my name is Dan, I use the form name of dastardly Dan.
Was wondering if you still had the guinea hens, I had two and lost one.
And the other one doesn't know what to do being alone.
If you still have them please give me a call, 813-924-8069.
Thank you

PS I know how you feel about having to get them up.
It was devastating just to wake up and have one on one morning
never could figure out what happened.

hi my name is Dan, I use the form name of dastardly Dan.
Was wondering if you still had the guinea hens, I had two and lost one.
And the other one doesn't know what to do being alone.
If you still have them please give me a call, 813-xxx-xxxx.
Thank you

PS I know how you feel about having to get them up.
It was devastating just to wake up and have one on one morning
never could figure out what happened.
Where are you located dan?

and might i suggest editing your original post as not to include a phone number.

this is a worldwide forum and you never know where that number might end up

RobertH

Last edited:
No Dan, I do not have them anymore. Someone came on Saturday and got them.

Thank You anyway

Karen

Back
Top Bottom