1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need to rehome my royal palms

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by robyn1976, Sep 1, 2011.

1. robyn1976

robyn1976 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    Doylestown
    I have 2 royal palms I have a tom and not sure what the other is! I need to find a home for them! I don't have the time to take care of them, I want them to go where they will be pets they are so sweet and friendly! they love to follow us around and will sit on your arm. if interested let me know thank you

2. SycolinWoodsChickens

SycolinWoodsChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It would help if we knew a general idea of where you are located.

Thanks

3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I will take them! I live in East Texas, will you deliver? [​IMG] They will be easy to get rid of but we do need to know at least what state you live. Craigslist can also sell them quickly.

4. robyn1976

Aug 31, 2011
    Doylestown
    I am sorry I live in Ohio. How do I ship turkeys?

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Robyn. How much do you want for them, and also, how old are they? Do you know if they're hens or toms?

Sharon

6. robyn1976

Aug 31, 2011
    Doylestown
    Hi Sharon I think they are 9 weeks or so! I know one is a Tom and the other not so sure! They are sooo sweet!Ithink we are going to try to keep them! I will let you know though!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I PM'd you, and I do think you'll feel bad if you're going to re-home them. As far as the blackhead, in our area, there hasn't been a problem with that. A breeder here from Ohio told me to raise my turkey poults (chicks) with regular chicks, and that's what I did. I've had no problems.

I just love mine!

So glad you want to keep them! Share some pics when you're able!

8. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I'm going to rehome mine this weekend...to the freezer. Feed goes up, literally, a dollar a bag each month here. They were fun to grow, fun to watch, but at a bag a week, just too expensive to justify. $19 bucks now for the 22% turkey pellets that were $14 then $15 earlier this year.

9. Lady Marion

Lady Marion Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2007
    Feed is so expensive, I have been feeding my turkeys cottage cheese I make from goat milk. At least we have plenty of kudzu and other browse for the goats, and the cheese is high protein. I figured I would be feeding a pig excess milk if we had a pig, why not feed the turkeys the excess? Ends up being a lot cheaper than just straight turkey pellets.

10. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    Can you feed flock raiser? That's what I feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by