Need to sex Call Ducks

I will have my son post a pic tomorrow. My cellphone is an older model that doesn't do that. And I'm not really sure how to post a pic anyway....lol. I have no clue. But I will have one for you tomorrow. But I have not heard the joker laugh yet.

And close to this but not as white under the chin. I pulled these off the internet. Close matches.

And a black bill. The white stripes are still closer together, with some type of dark color filling in between the stripes. Hope you can take a good guess. Are males loud at all? I'm so confused. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Uhh...you sure you got a Snowy then? I think you definitely have a female, just not so sure on her color. :p

And a black bill. The white stripes are still closer together, with some type of dark color filling in between the stripes. Hope you can take a good guess. Are males loud at all? I'm so confused. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Call drakes aren't at all loud. No louder than any other drake, actually not as loud as some larger drakes.

Hope to see a pic soon!

Call drakes aren't at all loud. No louder than any other drake, actually not as loud as some larger drakes.

Hope to see a pic soon!

X2, can confirm not-loudness! This is what Wobbles sounded like at...5 weeks, I think?

0.jpg

Bean on the other hand, at 2 weeks already sounded like this:

0.jpg

...Aaaand she still pretty much does, LOL!

My son said he just heard a straight on "quack" just now. Pretty sure my snowy call duckling is a girl. My son will post a pic after dinner. Sorry to make you wait. :-(

This is her!! Is it a good enough shot? She just had her bath and is chilling out in a much larger space. This is where my Muscovy drake lived for 8 years. He developed 2 masses in his stomach and started spitting up blood. We had him put to sleep......staying with him the whole time......and then we took him up north to our land for his burial. This little girl is helping me out in so many ways. I lost Daffy in January. But "Baby" is still pretty fast and a whole different "ball game" then Daffy was. All he did was pant or hiss. Not very loud at all.

Back
Top Bottom