Need to vent- I'm a little p.o at my chickens *sigh*

Thanks, Mini!
hugs.gif
I guess they are chickens, after all *sigh*

Terry, I might give yogurt another try. I gave them a bit when they were about a week old but they didn't like it.

Mine are the same way - you're not alone!!! My babies are a little over 4 weeks old. When I walk in the coop, they run just like yours (great description by the way!).

But, the minute I turn my back to leave, they RUN at me. It's like that one game I played when I was a kid - what was that called? Red light/green light?

my chickens love to be cuddled and have been known to wander into the livingroom when the kids leave the backdoor open, and perch on the couch to watch tv. they especialy like CSI crimescene, but i limit them as it is can be too graphic for little chicks
smile.png
try feeding them long pieces of cooked spaghetti from your hand , if it doesnt work its still loads of fun to watch!

my chickens hate me too. okay not really but sometimes it feels that way. i was just reading about how to make them your friend lastnight. your supposed to pick them up and pet their wattles and talk nicely to them. have treats with you too. so get wattle petting! i personally don't have time to cuddle chickens though if i did it would be my partridge cochin. my kids catch her and bring her to me and i do indeed hold her and pet her when i can. she's such a nice girl i can't resist.

Quote:
I'm definitely not one of those people. Mine run from me and act like I'm going to make them into Sunday dinner UNLESS I wait until dusk. At dusk I can go into their run, sit in a chair and when they are ready to roost, they'll come and hop on me and get kind of snuggly. My SLW roo thinks he's a hat too. See
2653450262_db209aecd9.jpg
lol.png

Problem is, I can't sit there all night, and it's kind of hard getting them off of me and into their coop, so it gets kind of crazy.

Bread, feed them bread. Mine come running when I drive up in the driveway.
lol.png
Seriously though, I think they go through natural stages of timidness,for survival. Mine start gettin pretty friendly at about 4 months and seem to get more friendly as they mature. That's as long as i don't try to catch them. That sends them into survival mode again. And, they can't stand it when I weild my net.

I have a friend who bought 16 wk old chicks and she called me the other day to ask what was wrong with her chickens cause they follow her around and jump in her lap when she sits down. She's only had them now for 4 wks . And mine only come near when I have bagels. They looooove bagels.

How old are your chicks? Could it be that they are just in their teenager phase? You know what teenagers are like. If that's the case, they'll grow out of it.

Back
Top Bottom