1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need turkey help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by silkielover88, Oct 21, 2015.

1. silkielover88

silkielover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2014
    Addison NY
    So I have a small flock of young turkey's, we got them at just 4 weeks old, no health issues or anything. They are now just over 3 months old now and last night one was on the roost and had its feathers fluffed, it was late at night,!just a night check, so I figured it was sleeping. Today I went and checked and it was dead! All others look healthy and are eating and drinking. We had switched feeds, but it was gradually changed. Tonight none of the others looked at all lethargic, they are all full of energy and talkative. We did just have a few days where the weather was in the 60s, then went into the 40s and 20 at night, now it's back to 70 degrees, could it be the change in weather?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Weather changes can cause stress, but not death, it's hard to guess why it might have died, at three months they are in between hardy and not hardy, so make sure they aren't sleeping in drafty conditions, otherwise without other symptoms it just guesses.

3. Akwasi

Akwasi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2014
    May be it just ate something

4. silkielover88

silkielover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2014
    Addison NY
    All other ones seem fine still. We're going to work them just as a precaution

5. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Good idea.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by