Need unique ideas for Tractor coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by osukrazykate, Apr 18, 2009.

1. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

I am wanting to make a tractor/mobile coop, but I can't decide how exactly I would like it to look. I have thought about one looking like a gypsy wagon (saw a pic of one online), or one that mimics our home, or one that looks like a victorian house. Anybody else have some really unique ideas of how one could look, pics are a plus too if you have any.

Kate

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's mine. It is small but works great as a grow up pen.

[​IMG]

3. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Here's ours. It is easy to move and has held up well in the two worst wind storms that I have ever seen. We use portable electric fence around it. The nest boxes and feeders hang on the wall.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  4. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Love the gypsy wagon idea! [​IMG]

Thinking the utilitarian bow top style, or the more embellished ones?

5. osukrazykate

Quote:Yeah, I am thinking of one that looks artistic, probably not so bow top that might be too hard to shape the wood for the roof. Something pretty to look at while yet functional.

6. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL it would be cute to make Snoopy's dog house, or just some random item shapped coop like a banana shapped coop!

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    You could paint it Tudor colours Black & White.... or paint it white all over then stencil in growing Ivy over it.... the ideas are endless...good luck!

8. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    This might be good for about 4 or so.You didn't give a number. Will

[​IMG]

9. osukrazykate

So I have a main coop, that is around 8' x 10', that I am fencing in their own yard for this coop next to the garden that will also be fenced in and they will have occasional access to when I want them to work the garden over. However, I have 26 chicks and 12 more on the way. I have them in two different brooders and I am not sure I will have enough room in the main coop that came with our house (we bought this house from hubby parents and coop hasn't been used in years) so I am thinking of adding a second coop that is a tractor coop for overflow or for a separate breed (I have bantams, Ameracauna (sp), & Barred Rock). So I am trying to think of something that is kind of artistic, pretty, moveable, and yet functional.

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:Love that furry chicken you have there, lol!!! The coop's not bad either!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by