Need ya'lls help IDing breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jjhuntsalot, Sep 12, 2010.

1. jjhuntsalot

jjhuntsalot Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2008
    White Plains KY
    Here is a bantam almost white but has grey feathers it will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. the one standing on the feeder the other white one is a turkey.
    [​IMG]

I know this is not the best pic but the ones that are black with the red streak down the middle.
    [​IMG]

A big meaty black will be 5 weeks old wed. really wondering if it is a jersey giant or australorp?
    [​IMG]

The last one is a bantam will be 5 weeks old tomorrow barred or cuckoo yellow legs not feather footed?
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Seeing or knowing the color of the feet and comb type can really help us. The black one with brown stripes down its feathers - is its comb flat and smooth? What about the others? leg color and comb type?

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Hi, if you could post pics of the chick's combs it would help. The barred chick could be a barred rock or a cuckoo maran (Depending on leg color and if it has a staight comb) or if it has a pea comb it might be a domenique... It's sorta hard to tell without pictures showing the comb & leg color. The gold laced might be dark cornish or gold laced wyandottes?

I'm not great at this IDing thing unless it's a breed I raise and see all the time [​IMG]

Sorry Illia, I guess we were posting at the same time! Anyway, I second that.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by