Need your help! Been the week from HELL!

pinkribbons4

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Vermont
It has been the week from Hell! So Monday night I get home, and notice that my beautiful 13 week old Polish Rooster Louie's head has been picked clean, is a bloody mess, and he's lethargic and not doing well. He gets rushed inside and tended too.

The next morning he's inside recuperating in the dog crate, and lets out his usual crow. The next thing I know I hear crowing coming from the coop! I'm like "What the hell? The rooster is inside!!!" Now it wasn't a full blown crow, more like a 1/4 or half crow...so I run out and I see my Ms. Holly (BLRW) trying to crow...It never crossed my mind she could be a rooster...I had suspicions about our Lemon Cuckoo Orpington (who I believe started the picking on Louie, and even if she's not a rooster is a big bully and needs to find a new home). Based on what you see below, could Holly really be a roo? I hope not as I'm super close to her :(

But she's sooooo friendly! She climbs up on my lap everytime I sit in the run...she hops up on my back when I squat down, and sits on my shoulder...

13 weeks with wattles like that my guess is a Roo. My chicks are all 12 weeks old and none of the girls have bright red wattles that big. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom