Need Your Positive Experience!

Kikiriki

Songster
May 26, 2011
Roanoke County, Virginia
Please jump in folks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ty-codes-and-talking-with-code-enforcement/10

Ive been trying to help NimbyChickens in the thread at the above link. The local codes are not written to ban chickens, but she has been treated as if the code enforcement people believe they are. I suggested Nimby should offer to help them craft a fair ordinance in her discussion with them.

So some more eyes looking at the codes would be good, but mainly I am posting here to ask for people to speak up if they think their codes are especially well done for an urban/suburban area.

I dont mean they are especially lax, or nonexistent, but written to be fair to owners and their neighbors and protect chickens from bad conditions.

Anyone?

I saw it, but I dont think it especially good, and I really dislike the trial period...it just gives them such an easy way out at the end, I think.

I really believe it would help Nimby to have an example of one that has been in place for a while and is not too lax nor too restrictive. If is starts out too lax, people are more likely to complain, then the gov has a knee jerk response and goes too restrictive.

It should be someplace they can call and discuss the city's experience from the official perspective, you know? :)

Back
Top Bottom