Needed even better wireless in the Coop/Run area.

pcgboca

Chirping
Sep 12, 2023
I needed even better wireless coverage in the Coop/Run area. I am a self-confessed "Chicken Stalker" and also I am trying to be a good "Chicken Daddy" and have the auto coop doors which require Wi-Fi working 100%. All things considered I had the outdoor Access Point so why not use it. This is how you get 5 Bars of Wi-Fi at the coop so you can have 5 cameras and 2 doors and more to come...... :cool:

1696209734383.png

1696209785345.png

I needed even better wireless coverage in the Coop/Run area. I am a self-confessed "Chicken Stalker" and also I am trying to be a good "Chicken Daddy" and have the auto coop doors which require Wi-Fi working 100%. All things considered I had the outdoor Access Point so why not use it. This is how you get 5 Bars of Wi-Fi at the coop so you can have 5 cameras and 2 doors and more to come...... :cool:

View attachment 3650082

View attachment 3650084
We get pretty good Wi-Fi to our coop, but it would be nice to improve it behind the coop for the cameras back there. Could you explain what this is? Is it a Wi-Fi booster?

Thanks, was already reading up between yours and the TP-Link EAP650, thus far. I'll read into more later as this idea sounds awesome!

We have wireless internet from our 125' tower that stands between us and the coop. Two area farmers have mini dishes on it too about halfway up, and our big one's up on top. We have a TP-Link router in the house, so staying with the same brand wouldn't matter, but it's the one I gravitated to. Thanks for the info!

We get pretty good Wi-Fi to our coop, but it would be nice to improve it behind the coop for the cameras back there. Could you explain what this is? Is it a Wi-Fi booster?
it is an outdoor weather rated "Access Point" - basically a Antenna for a WI-FI System. Normally you have a router on your desk with tiny 4 or 5" antenna - this is an outdoor version of that basically

Back
Top Bottom