NEEDED NOW! 100 started pullets

SharonS

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Hi Everyone! I need about 100 started pullets to add to my flock of 150. I would like Isa Browns or Rhode Island Reds...brown eggs layers. We are a small farm that sells eggs to Farmer's Markets etc and can tell that we won't have enough for the coming season. If you know of where we can purchase some, please let me know. I live is Northern Michigan but would be willing to travel (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio etc) to pick them up. Thanks so much

Are you watching Craigslist in the areas you are willing to travel to? Also, check your local livestock auctions. I heard that year-old hens were going for only $4-5 at one in eastern OH just a month ago.

Yes, I"ve been on craigslist hoping to find some. Trouble is most people only have a few and are asking outrageous prices up to $20.00 each!!! Thank you for the heads up about auctions...hadn't thought of that. I'll do some research. Thanks again
SharonS

Quote:
wow 4 or 5 bucks is cheap - around here a laying hen or pol pullet is 10 bucks or more.

I second the auction idea, though - we usually have pol pullets or hens at the auction around here. Also, look for swaps - and try Yahoo Groups, I know one or two local poultry swaps around here have a Yahoo Group for info and messages.

meri

I guess auction prices really all depend on who shows up to buy that day.
hmm.png

Quote:
If you read the 1st post, it is explained there.
wink.png

That is still a lot of chickens! Maybe I should do that and that would solve my need for more chickens! It's all I think about...more chickens....more chickens....ahhh

Back
Top Bottom