Needing another turkey baby or 2

HoldrenFarmgirl

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2017
Ohio
Where is a good place to get young heritage turkeys from in northern Ohio? I started out with 2 baby turkeys this spring but the second one wouldn't learn to eat or drink even though it was in the pen with 10 chicks the same age. (Grandma always told me turkeys were morons that you had 2 raise them with chicks so they learned how to eat n drink) obviously she wasn't joking because 1 of my beautiful babies died because I couldn't be with him 24/7 to make sure he ate n drinked. So now I'm down to one 11 wk old turkey and I hate only having one of any animal. (I know this sounds crazy but I feel like they need one of their kind to talk too) My muskovy female always seemed sad I finally found a male just like her. As soon as he was in the pen she perked up and talked like I never seen her do before. So it reaffirmed for me that they need someone of their breed to have a relationship with so they don't get lonely. So if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.

I have two bronze breasted toms that are about 16/17 weeks in NE Ohio if you're interested. I don't want them to be slaughtered though, just as pets or breeding turkeys. I can't keep them and I could get them to you around august 20th ish

Where is a good place to get young heritage turkeys from in northern Ohio? I started out with 2 baby turkeys this spring but the second one wouldn't learn to eat or drink even though it was in the pen with 10 chicks the same age. (Grandma always told me turkeys were morons that you had 2 raise them with chicks so they learned how to eat n drink) obviously she wasn't joking because 1 of my beautiful babies died because I couldn't be with him 24/7 to make sure he ate n drinked. So now I'm down to one 11 wk old turkey and I hate only having one of any animal. (I know this sounds crazy but I feel like they need one of their kind to talk too) My muskovy female always seemed sad I finally found a male just like her. As soon as he was in the pen she perked up and talked like I never seen her do before. So it reaffirmed for me that they need someone of their breed to have a relationship with so they don't get lonely. So if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.
Here's another resource: https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/directory

I got some Naragansett turkeys from a guy in Jefferson, OH. Nice guy, nice farm. I just happen to be picking up some tomorrow for a friend (no really! Not for me, honest!) so I know he has some available. Day olds for $5, 5-6 week olds for $10, and 8 week olds for $12. I can PM you his phone number if you want.

Back
Top Bottom