Needing help with smelly brown poo in my young Slate Blue Turkey

bristowbunch3

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
I have read everything from A to Z. Looked at poo charts etc. Nothing is identifying what I am seeing. My little one (about 14-15 weeks) is acting perfectly normal. He is pooing this dark brown liquidy and very foul smelling stuff. Can anyone help me. No change in diet, or water. He has however had a change in bedding. New to turkeys so this one is killing me.

to be honest with you , people seem to disagree with my methods lol

but i honestly would not know if the combination wuld be harmful or not.

if you are worried about it i would switch them to non medicated a day or 2 before you treat him for cocci

Smelly dropping are often a sign of Coccidiosis. I'd start treating your turkey for Coccidiosis immediately. Get Corid, as it kill all nine types of Cocci, unlike Sulment, which only kills two. The dosage for 9.6% Liquid Corid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Make sure to change the solution each day.

Thank you...I already have Corid for my chickens. I started treating him this evening. Not taking the chance of waiting to take him off medicated food. I will let you all know how it turns out. Again...still acting fine,but honestly something is wrong. It stinks too bad. I also took the shavings I was using out also...changed from prior shavings just in case that is the problem.

Well Clyde seems to be responding already. Much less runny poo. Only a little every few times, and it is a lot less tarry and smelly already. Thank you for confirming my fear about the Coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom