Needing Nest Box Plans!

Feb 4, 2020
Indiana
Hello!
Can someone send me a link for exterior access nest box plans? I need 5. I've been scouring the internet and can't find what I'm looking for. I'd like the lid of the boxes to lift up, not down. Any help would be appreciated šŸ˜ƒ

Plans? What are you building off of/ hang the boxes on. I can tell you how to if you know how to build. Cutting, nailing making joint you don't get from plans. Demention will very as no idea what I'm starting with. What I did for mine, which is almost exactly what you want is, 2x6 headers top and bottom on the wall and 2x4 base bottom. 2x2 framing the boxes covered with different kinds of plywood as to what it covered. Heres before I opened them as they were not laying yet. That is why you see the wire over the opening. Note the 2x6 header makes the chicken step up so it cleans its feet. The top 2x6 header makes nailing possible for the nest dividing 2x2s. Plans, well I mostly just see what needs doing and know how to join wood. 14 1/2 wide boxes times 4+wood thickness, 18"high at coop, 15" high out for lid drop, 19"deep.
SSPX1008.JPG
SSPX1044.JPG
SSPX1045.JPG
SSPX1055.JPG

Attachments

• SSPX1008.JPG
    SSPX1008.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 1
  • SSPX1044.JPG
    SSPX1044.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: