Neigborhood Chickens

petertor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Just getting to know these chickens.They live in the neighborhood, apparently on their own. They roam around, cross the road, roost in a set of trees just above this photo. Breed? Sex?

petertor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Well if they are all boys, how much success would I have if I tried to integrate them into an existing, mature flock of hens: 5 Jersey Giants and 1 odd-ball (see my avatar)? Maybe introduce 1 and find other homes for the other 2?

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
since they have been together they might be fine. A little dominance fight here and there but that might be all, or it wont work at all. and your odd ball hen is a golden laced polish

sevenbabychicks

Songster
10 Years
Sep 9, 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Your oddball is a beautiful golden-laced polish! For 6 hens, I'd definitely recommend no more than one rooster. Maybe someone on Craigslist will want the other two? They sure are gorgeous boys
smile.png

petertor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Oh, the reason for my concern is that the trees that they roost in is on property "For Sale". I was going to contact the Real Estate agent and see what's up. If they are seen as a problem like devaluing the property or the new owners don't want them, I was going to do something. Otherwise, they seem to be a fixture in the neighborhood and fend for themselves quite nicely.

What's totally fun is to take a look at the property using Google Maps. The address is 4873 Eldred St. LA 90042. Punch it up on Google Maps and take a look. I was hoping the camera shots showed the boys roosting in the trees or hanging out, but alas they ar not in view.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom