Neighbor hating the chickens

I had a neighbor who was feeding my chickens and later called the animal control on us for them pooping on her ramp. (She also has a lot of cats and feeds all the strays around.) In my neighborhood, the landlord is a farmer and allows people to own whatever livestock that we want (though he doesn't recommend horses or cows due to the small lots). Despite this, the animal control officer still came and threatened us if they get called again, they will take all of our chickens and we would have to pay to get them back (plus pick them up from wherever they would keep them.) To deal with this, we ended up downsizing most of our birds and built runs to keep them in.

With a stray chicken running around, I suggest you keep your flock far away from it, and everywhere it's been. It could be carrying both diseases and parasites that you don't want your flock exposed to. Also, with so many cats around, without some guard animal to keep them away, I don't suggest you free range your flock anyways. Cats are on the list of chicken predators, and I have had a few that attempted to attack my birds. (Cat attacks are bad, and with the added bacteria from their nails, they're often fatal.)
This neighbor started feeding stray chicken. We call him stray but he’s really not he was the man that lives across the street and somehow landed in my yard he comes and goes as he pleases. My flock has been free ranging for over 2 years now and this is the first time she complained on something she started with them. Thank you for your insight it’s much appreciated

I had a neighbor who complained to their landlord that my ducks were going to their property and disturbing them. Their grandson told me that they love the ducks and Grandpa puts out corn for them.

Turns out, they were planning to buy the house. I think they were using my ducks to get the price dropped.

Back
Top Bottom