Neighbor mad about rooster...suggestions?

I hate to say it, but do think about installing a trail cam near your coop in case he decides to do something to your chickens šŸ™ . Just make sure it isn't pointed towards their property so he can't complain about that too. They are also a good thing to have so you can keep an eye on any night time predators. Our neighbor was able to reinforce his run before the raccoons broke in after he saw them on his trail cam.
I was actually thinking about suggesting that they consider installing a WiFi camera out there, since it isnā€™t a huge lot - hopefully the OP has WiFi that can reach the house from the back of the property.
Costco has some pretty affordable options.
We got Arlo cameras that are pretty easy to set up.
They ping me if there is motion, you can set the area that youd like them to ā€œwatchā€, and you can turn them on and off remotely from a smartphone.
So.
She could check in from time to time and see / listen to what her roo is doing.
And it would ping her if someone comes into the area and activated the motion sensors.
Anything that activates the camera is saved in the app on your phone, so you can look back and see what was happening.
I hate that this might be the best idea, but... it might be a good idea at the least šŸ˜

I was actually thinking about suggesting that they consider installing a WiFi camera out there, since it isnā€™t a huge lot - hopefully the OP has WiFi that can reach the house from the back of the property.
Costco has some pretty affordable options.
We got Arlo cameras that are pretty easy to set up.
They ping me if there is motion, you can set the area that youd like them to ā€œwatchā€, and you can turn them on and off remotely from a smartphone.
So.
She could check in from time to time and see / listen to what her roo is doing.
And it would ping her if someone comes into the area and activated the motion sensors.
Anything that activates the camera is saved in the app on your phone, so you can look back and see what was happening.
I hate that this might be the best idea, but... it might be a good idea at the least šŸ˜
We love the wifi cameras. We have one on the house so we can monitor our driveway. Unfortunately, our wifi doesn't always reach our coop or I would have one there too:D

No matter what you do, this neighbor is going to complain about something. If it isn't the rooster rest assured it will be something else.

Back
Top Bottom