Neighbor uses permethrin fog for tick control

ceedi79

Chirping
Apr 26, 2021
My next door neighbor gets their yard fogged/sprayed by a pest control company once a month for tick control. I am a new chicken owner and our coop is close to the property line. Will this fog be dangerous to my chickens? We haven't moved the chickens outside yet since they just turned 5 weeks old and it is still a bit chilly outside, so I want to make sure that once they do go outside that they won't be harmed by the spraying.

I would consider it harmful to chicks/chickens to be sprayed with plenty of permethrin by the month.

How will your neighbour or the company ensure that the spray will not cross the property line and contaminate your garden/animals?

They might consider getting some guineas for pest control instead of poisoning their environment and neighbours.

I would consider it harmful to chicks/chickens to be sprayed with plenty of permethrin by the month.

How will your neighbour or the company ensure that the spray will not cross the property line and contaminate your garden/animals?

They might consider getting some guineas for pest control instead of poisoning their environment and neighbours.
Thank you for your response. I've been talking with my neighbors and think they may consider stopping the service. We used to get our yard sprayed, but stopped a couple years ago due to not wanting chemicals in our yard. However, we do have a LOT of ticks, so much so that it makes it difficult to want to be outside.

I treat my yard to prevent bugs.

My current flock is five years old.

Zero issues with my flock roaming in a treated yard.

They don't roam the day it's treated.

Back
Top Bottom