Neighbors Cockerel

Vickischics

Life, is a Learning curve.
May 6, 2020
On the East Coast of the Sunshine State
My neighbors bantum Cockerel not at his full sexuality yet has been visiting with my Big Girls for two full days. He has two sets of girls on his own property. But, he is now trying to hang with my "Mean Girls".
He doesn't come near me and I trained my GSD to "Leave it" as she didn't like him near her Girls.
He is cute while I watch him preen and fluff his feathers to make him look handsome but, the run him off, jump on him and won't allow him near their feeder.
I guess this is usual? He's pretty cute and I hope he stays home plus, I don't want him beat up by my "Mean Girls".
Anyway, what kind of cockerel is he? He is solid black and I know he is from tractor supply.
His poor little crow is pitiful and I chuckle everytime he crows.
I call him Mr. Mr.

Hi! Please get a picture of him and I'm sure some of the talented members will be able to identify him for you. I love bantam boys. They're just so handsome!
Oops, I thought I posted them..My Bad.

Attachments

• 20210720_005705.jpg
    20210720_005705.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210719_171049.jpg
    20210719_171049.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a game bantam
Humm. Sounds good to be. He is cute but, I wonder why he isn't staying with his chick flock mates.
I expected him in my coop tonight and I was glad he wasn't because the door opens at 0630 and the "Mean Girls" would have probably beat him bloody before the door opened esp since he is small. He's trying to hang with 2 RIR and 3 EEggrs that are all territorial as heck.
His flock are all more non aggressive breeds. I wonder why he is flying over the fence to spend the day with my girls. Humm.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Mr. Mr. was not in the coop last night. BUT! This morning before sunrise, that little bugger was out side of my bedroom window practicing his voice! I'll tell you, right now he wouldn't make America Idol! Lol
I textd my neighbor (his owner) asking for her plan because this isn't going to work for me as I'm a Nurse and work 7pm to 8am and his vocals are not going to cut it over here!
It's not like we lack space. We all have 3 acres each! But, I'm wondering what the problem is.
Is it possible because his potential flock doesn't have a coop or a real place to roost and lay?
They truly free range and are on their own but, she provides food. Could it be he wants a home/coop of stability?
He also has his chick flock plus he has two additional flocks of various ages over there. But, no real coop.
Why did he pick mine? Ugh!!

I'm sorry for your situation, but I can't help laughing. What a cutie.

Anyways, it sounds like you have a good relationship with your neighbors and talking it out is the best course of action. It's their responsibility to keep their animals on their own property, so hopefully they can find a way to rectify the situation.

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your situation, but I can't help laughing. What a cutie.

Anyways, it sounds like you have a good relationship with your neighbors and talking it out is the best course of action. It's their responsibility to keep their animals on their own property, so hopefully they can find a way to rectify the situation.

Good luck!
Oh yes, we are all on good terms. We wave, enjoy each others campfires ect. My GSD plays with her two boys and runs the fence with one of her 12 Mini horses she has.
But!! MR.MR. will have to go!!
I helped her Cull two roosters in the past because they attacked and Flogged her two boys when they were out playing on their swing set. Ages 2 and 5 at that time. Now they're 4 & 7.
So yes, we are on good terms.
THANK GOD because I read about neighbor nightmares on here.

Back
Top Bottom