Neighbors Found Duck

KWSRetMSgt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Ft Worth TX
Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I'm back.

My neighbors discovered a duckling in their yard and assumed it was one of mine. But it's not, and I'm not sure what breed this little one is. Can anyone help and throw some suggestions my way. Thanks.
IMG_20200729_180112533.jpg
IMG_20200729_180044474.jpg
IMG_20200729_180112533.jpg IMG_20200729_180044474.jpg

Thanks everyone after some research that's what I was thinking also a Magpie Call Duck. I was thinking about two months old but most of you are saying 3 months to adult age. I appreciate the help, now to wait and see if anyone come looking for their pet.

I'm guessing it's a hen, still haven't noticed a curl in the tail area. And if no one comes looking I guess I have a pet duck.

I'm not getting rid of it unless the owner comes knocking, just because it's so darn cute. :)

Thanks everyone after some research that's what I was thinking also a Magpie Call Duck. I was thinking about two months old but most of you are saying 3 months to adult age. I appreciate the help, now to wait and see if anyone come looking for their pet.

I'm guessing it's a hen, still haven't noticed a curl in the tail area. And if no one comes looking I guess I have a pet duck.

I'm not getting rid of it unless the owner comes knocking, just because it's so darn cute. :)
It's the stinkin cutest thing ever 😍

I've always wanted calls and loved the magpie coloring !😍 Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to get some !

Totally understand the cuteness thing, she is awfully cute. I've already mentioned to the Frau that maybe we'll phase out our Muscovey Ducks and get a few Call Ducks. What I don't get is why people think their worth $75.00 a pair. Their kind of like the Dewlap Geese folks were wanting $125.00+ for a pair of them, back about 5 to 7 years ago. No clue what they want now for them, I just gave up on them. Also the sites I visited on the call ducks stated the ducks would only be PET quality. So IMO there's no reason for them to be that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom