Neighbor's Guineas adopted us!

We did already tell them a week ago. They did nothing.
That sounds normal. Far too many people don't take the responsibility to keep their animals home. I still do not recommend feeding them or allowing them to hang around.

Guineas can be discouraged from being where they are not wanted by making them uncomfortable every time that they show up. One such method is to run at them flapping a big towel in front of you. Screaming at them at the same time can be helpful.

That sounds normal. Far too many people don't take the responsibility to keep their animals home. I still do not recommend feeding them or allowing them to hang around.

Guineas can be discouraged from being where they are not wanted by making them uncomfortable every time that they show up. One such method is to run at them flapping a big towel in front of you. Screaming at them at the same time can be helpful.
Yeah I'm not sure that the owners are even home most of the time. It's a strange situation (I won't go into it).
Lol I can just imagine what our other neighbors would think if I ran around waving a towel!😂 At first we did chase them away but they kept coming back.

Lol I can just imagine what our other neighbors would think if I ran around waving a towel!
Especially if you add the screaming part. The trouble with chasing them away is that you have to be consistent about it. If you make them uncomfortable enough, they will stay away.

Personally I don't worry about what my neighbors think.

Last edited:

Just make sure to videotape for us!:lau

Sean Connery Indiana Jones.jpg

Edited to add: My gif isn't working... :(

If they're returning home at night, then they're free ranging. But if you really think they aren't caring for them, I guess you could call and just flat out ask if they're disinterested in having them anymore. There used to be quite a few places around me that free ranged, so there were guineas, chickens, peacocks & occasional emus directing traffic on a daily basis. But there were also ppl who threatened to shoot me for picking berries on the roadside bc they "were saving them for themselves". So-I wouldn't take possession of anyone's roast/er, bird w/o getting clearance.😉.

Just an update to this thread... The guineas are no longer returning home, they are roosting in our trees now. We are going to try one more time to get the owners to respond. If they don't, we are going to take them to our local SPCA. We are worried that the Guineas won't make it through the winter because they aren't getting fed, they're just eating grass and bugs-- once snow falls, they won't be able to get at them. We are also worried about predators.

Back
Top Bottom