Neighbors Rooster...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willowbranchfarm, Nov 26, 2012.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Keeps coming into my yard. My neighbor got chickens and is a horible care taker and so their dog killed all their chickens, and came into my yard and started making my chickens go crazy. Thankfully I saw it and went out there and scared it away. I also keep my chickens in a pen so the dog could have gotten them. I was going to go over there and talk to them about the dog, but they chained it up and he/she is fenced in. They got more chickens I dont know why but they did[​IMG]and ended up with 3 roosters [​IMG].
    The roosters are probably going to go crazy because there are no hens. One keeps getting out and comes over to my hens. I dont want him to get my chickens sick if he's sick and atract the other roos over. I should kidnap him and keep him lol. [​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Offer to take the rooster if you want one.No one can keep 3 HAPPY roos anyway.If that was not an option I would shoot it,or catch and dispatch to a soup pot.

3. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Haha. Good idea.

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My neighbor Frank had a similar problem with a bull. Frank had a dairy and was proud of his purebred holsteins. This scruffy bull that lived down the road kept getting loose and jumping the fence to get in with my neighbor's heifers. Frank did NOT want his heifers bred to this nondescript bull. He would complain to the owner of the bull and demand that he keep him penned up but to no avail. One day that bull came over and leaped the fence into the heifer pasture right when Frank and his sons were vaccinating and dehorning heifers. Bad move on the bull's part. They roped him, dehorned him, castrated him, and turned him loose with the heifers. Some considerable time later, the bull's owner came over looking for his bull. Frank told him he was welcome to look, but there was no bull there. Frank was right. There wasn't.

5. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well done!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by