Nemo the Chicken

jennypearl00

Hatching
Nov 11, 2015
Hi, my names Jenn and I'm new here. I attempted to hatch 3 fertilized eggs, and wound up with 1. Was wondering if anyone had any clue by the look of "her" wether she is actually a she, or might be a roo.

U

welcome-byc.gif

AWWWW what a cute little chick. How old is it? What breed is it? In the 4th pic down from the bottom, I can see this little dude has some long legs. Would lead me to guess that it's a male, but can't say for sure.

Hi Jenn,
welcome-byc.gif

I can't really tell but it's sure a cutie. Will you be able to keep a rooster? Maybe get him/her some playmates?

He/she does have thick, long legs, and a rather pointy head, so I was thinking that too. I won't be able to keep a rooster, so he'd have to go up to my Mother's farm area. Nemo is a silly bantham mix

Thanks for the replies....I guess it makes it extra hard to sex when they're silkie mix
1f615.png
Nemo's such a cutie, and really has been spoiled as our only little survivor- she/he hasn't even been outside yet! I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for a pullet, but I've got crap luck, and each day that goes by it looks more cockerel
1f629.png

Welcome to BYC, Jenn. Glad you decided to join our flock. Nemo is too young to sex accurately at this point. I would suggest posting a profile pic of Nemo on our What Breed or Gender is This? section in a couple of months and letting our experts there take a look at Nemo for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom