Nervous about leaving my chickens for the first time

My family and I are leaving my flock of 18 and 1 GSD for 12 days. I will have the feeders and waterers up but, my BFF is coming. I will deal with Rats upon my return but, I want to make my flock easy for her to care for as she's not experienced with chickens. But, I know she will do the Best she is able and I will deal with any issues over the phone. Plus 10 of them will be 4 week old chicks!
I trust my BFF and will hold no ill feelings if something bad should happen.
Good Luck to you and Me!! Lol
Enjoy your Trip.

Last edited:
My family and I are leaving with my flock of 18 and 1 GSD for 12 days. I will have the feeders and waterers up but, my BFF is coming. I will deal with Rats upon my return but, I want to make my flock easy for her to care for as she's not experienced with chickens. But, I know she will do the Best she is able and I will deal with any issues over the phone. Plus 10 of them will be 4 week old chicks!
I trust my BFF and will hold no ill feelings if something bad should happen.
Good Luck to you and Me!! Lol
Enjoy your Trip.
Make sure your BFF has access to this site, and comes to this thread to ask for help/reassurance as/if needed!

Well, we got home Tuesday night, and all was well. The hens weren't allowed to free range (so the pet sitter wouldn't have to deal with that) so they were VERY glad to have us back. The pet sitting company sends pictures and a little report of what they did every time they visit, so I got to see the chicks, hens, and my grumpy old man dog. If any of y'all are in the Baton Rouge, LA area, it's Furkid Sitting and Services. I highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom