Nervous about this hurricane

I decided I would rather they be cramped for a few days then loose them. So my 5 WLs are now inside - against DH's wishes and I am happy - proving once again that "if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy."
smile.png
Stay safe!

97463_dcp_4576.jpg

I'm playing it by ear.
I let them out for a couple hours this morning, but when the rain came I put them all in their coop. The hurricane hits us tomorrow. I plan to leave them locked in teh coop unless I see things getting bad. Then I will move them to the basement.
The hurricane is weakening, but I think they will be safe in their coop

We are in NE OH, So we might just get a little rain. I'll pray for all of you!

D.gif
God in his goodness gave us chickens
D.gif

plastic painters cloth and duck tape. tape the painters tape up the walls, put down shavings and voile a! east clean up. I am doing this with my girls if it starts to get to bad... DH is not happy either...

We've had alot of rain and wind - occassionally pretty strong gusts shook windows/house - but so far everything is standing praise God! Still happy I brought them inside - they're all huddled together in a corner of the little plastic tub.

I am 220 miles inland in the Shenandoah Valley, but we are getting pounded. My canopy carport that I park my yard equipment under was shredded by the wind and was blown across the yard. We were only supposed to get showers. We got three inches of rain in 90 minutes.

I have 31 6-week-old babies, 10 of which are Cornish crosses, so not-so-little babies, so I couldn't bring them in. They are dry in their covered pasture pen, but when I went to check on them, they were terrified. If I only had a few, I would have brought them inside in a heartbeat. Even my 25-week-old pullets who like rain are very nervous and scared.
hit.gif

We're getting the tropical storm winds now - fully expect we will loose power over night. The WLs are doing a little complaining - but at least they are safe and warm inside with us.

Back
Top Bottom