Nervous Duck Mom

Julie2929

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
so tonight is the first night I am leaving my 4 ducklings outside in their house overnight. They are about 3 1/2 weeks old. Temps show low of 56 tonight. Their house is up against ours on two sides, so sheltered well. I've been putting them in a tote in our basement at night with no heat lamp. It's almost time for me to go to bed and I'm second guessing my decision and I'm afraid they will be cold and/or scared. As a new duck mom, I'm so over protective and worried. Guess I'm just venting here and hoping to hear wise words one way or the other.

Oh no! I know that feeling, it's absolutely awful. The ambient temperature in their house is hopefully warmer than that.

Let us know how they are.

They seemed just fine this morning. And they weren't all huddled up like they were cold. They seemed content vs antsy and vocal like they were in the mornings they were in the tote. I feel like they looked at me like, "Mooooom, we're fine!"

Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. Sounds like you made the right decision. We never really know until we try. But that goes for pretty much anything. :D

I am the opposite when it comes to putting my chicks and ducklings outside. I can't wait to get those messy/stinky things out of my house. :lau

Back
Top Bottom