Nervous first time hatcher!

chicken_lady_amanda

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2021
I'm hatching several dozen eggs, and while a number of them show pips, only one has hatched so far. After a couple hours I moved our single chick to our brooder, under the brooder plate, after showing it where water and food are. I'm worried because its very chirpy and may be lonely for awhile until it's siblings hatch. What to do?!?

I'm hatching several dozen eggs, and while a number of them show pips, only one has hatched so far. After a couple hours I moved our single chick to our brooder, under the brooder plate, after showing it where water and food are. I'm worried because its very chirpy and may be lonely for awhile until it's siblings hatch. What to do?!?
Make sure it isn't too hot or too cold and it should be ok.
Hopefully more will hatch soon.

Have you candled any of the other eggs in your incubator to see if they are still alive?

I left my one lonely chick in the incubator last night, and woke up this morning to four happy, bright eyed fluff balls bouncing around the incubator this morning, then another six who hatched today! One of them has a red bulge hanging from his backside, that made me panic initially, but I in the threads here I figured out the best possible way to deal with it. I'm so glad this site exists!!!

Back
Top Bottom