Nervous New Mom

JensHens1987

Chirping
Aug 20, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My chicks are 9 days old today
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
Orpington, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Super Blue Egg Layer, Partridge Cochin
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Love animals in general, becoming more self sustaining, eventually collecting eggs
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Nursing, playing with my two dogs, traveling the world
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married with two dogs and now 5 chickens.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
As a nurse, I do not recommend people use the internet for diagnosing symptoms- however I am constantly on here worried about my chicks like any first time mom... panicking over the Cochins pasty butt, constantly checking the temperature of my brooder, worrying the Orpingtons crop looks a little too large... Its such new territory and don’t know many people who have chicks so want the support of this chicken loving community.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My chicks are 9 days old today
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
Orpington, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Super Blue Egg Layer, Partridge Cochin
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Love animals in general, becoming more self sustaining, eventually collecting eggs
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Nursing, playing with my two dogs, traveling the world
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married with two dogs and now 5 chickens.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
As a nurse, I do not recommend people use the internet for diagnosing symptoms- however I am constantly on here worried about my chicks like any first time mom... panicking over the Cochins pasty butt, constantly checking the temperature of my brooder, worrying the Orpingtons crop looks a little too large... Its such new territory and don’t know many people who have chicks so want the support of this chicken loving community.
Welcome to the eggciting world of Chickens and BYC, I am sure all of us have felt that way when we first started, then we come up with something new we haven't seen, but the best advice we can get is from someone whose more knowledgable and the awesome generational chicken raises on here, I have learned more about them and what to do in this awesome community and we don't have a local vet that treats chickens

@slordaz is right, BYC is like this wonderful "hive mind" with lots of really knowledgeable and HELPFUL people who are incredibly generous with their time and experience and are willing to share their all that with folks who are just getting started, or people like me, who may have had chickens for a while but are just starting to realize how much we DON'T know! ;)

Welcome to Backyard Chickens funny your a Nurse smart but chickens can worm their way in huh .. next thing you know they will be old and there will 25 or 30 more devil may.gif

What? You mean the internet is not the best place to go for medical information?!? (Kidding!) Welcome! I bet you will love your chicks. And they are such a great stress reliever after a hard day dealing with humans. What area of the world do you live in? I am from Southeast Missouri, but we have people on here from all over the world. Great forum!

What? You mean the internet is not the best place to go for medical information?!? (Kidding!) Welcome! I bet you will love your chicks. And they are such a great stress reliever after a hard day dealing with humans. What area of the world do you live in? I am from Southeast Missouri, but we have people on here from all over the world. Great forum!

Whaaa--? I am from SE MO, too! :hugs Howdy, neighbor!:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom