Nervous, sleep deprived chick

juliebeer

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Kitsap Peninsula, WA
One of our chicks who is 3 weeks old is driving our family and the other chicks crazy. She rarely sleeps and she paces badk and forth in the cage and chirps VERY loudly. She stops if I hold her and wrap her in a washcloth and carry her around with me. She falls asleep immedicately. She seems so sleep deprived and nervious. I think the other chicks think she is crazy. I recently divided our chkcs into 2 cages of 2 each. She seemed happier at first...and is now back to pacing. Any ideas?

Can we say....spoiled??
gig.gif
I think she bonded with you as momma...and wants your attention. Just make sure she is eating and drinking....and pooing...she should be fine...of course, unless you WANT to hold her alot!
love.gif

Sounds like your little chick has imprinted on you as mama. As long as you keep holding it the behavior will most likely continue. It's not a bad thing if you want your babies to grow up and be pets, but it can be annoying, as you're finding out. In my opinion, though, you should keep all the chicks together. They are flock animals and take comfort in groups so they should all 4 be in one box.

Back
Top Bottom