Nest box area ideas

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Our coop is just about finished! A family friend did the build for us, with a few suggestions and requests from me. The nest box he built is not covered. I am totally fine with that, but do you all think it will be ok? It is about 40 inches across, one big community box. I have the side access door open in the picture to see it better. I am standing in the human door, the chicken door is to the right of where I am standing. There is ventilation along the soffits on both sides.
Here is a pic of the build:
1657892307189.jpeg

Our coop is just about finished! A family friend did the build for us, with a few suggestions and requests from me. The nest box he built is not covered. I am totally fine with that, but do you all think it will be ok? It is about 40 inches across, one big community box. I have the side access door open in the picture to see it better. I am standing in the human door, the chicken door is to the right of where I am standing. There is ventilation along the soffits on both sides.
Here is a pic of the build:
View attachment 3186940

Chickens generally seek out a dark, secluded place to lay eggs. Time will tell if they will be willing to use that box or not. :)

Back
Top Bottom