Nestbox Plans

I cut 1 wall out and cobbled this together. It protrudes through the wall and can be accessed
from the outside.
My whole coop is made from scrap materials.
l_20fcd9249106803657e2432bd82ce0a9.jpg

Quote:
Thank you, I tried to reuse as much as possible, most stuff bought at an auction, feed bin is old potato bin, my windows are actually sliding patio doors on thier sides framed in (got at auction for $1 for three doors) I got wood for coop at auction but not really cheap, just 1/3 of what I would have paid if buying at home depot. all 1x10 pine

You guys are getting me motivated again...it might be coop renovation time at Alcatraz..aka my coop. Its 10x6 right now..maybe 10feet tall at the apex of the roof...has 4 nesting boxes i built in the back with the door that lifts up outside the back of the coop. Most of the birds actually roost in the rafters on the inside of the roof rather than on the roosts i provided them with. Hmmm...now to think what I should do to expand. It will definitely have to get bigger because there are 3 bantams, 5 ducks, 2 roosters ( standards), and 20 standard hens in there right now. My other coop which is 8x4 with a 10x10 run is occupied by 5 polish and 4 silkie chicks all about 5 weeks old. Maybe I should just build a separate coop in there rather than extending the 10x6...what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom