Nesting box.

rafiki4L

Hatching
Oct 4, 2020
Hi y'all. Can anyone give me some good nesting box ideas. I need like 20 of em. Should I get them made out of wood or metal? I'd plastic a good idea?

Attachments

• 20201027_020124.jpg
    20201027_020124.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 2
If you post a pix of your coop/barn, where these would be located, it would give a better vision of what would work best. If you could get a hold of bushels like used for apples, those would work well. Can be screwed to wall, and set up in rows. They are pricey when purchased new, on Amazon, but farm supply may have then for less. Amazon adds free shipping, so price is reflected.
1603779003193.png

You would attach it to wall on the side, not bottom. Fill bushel half way with hay.
Hei 20
suggested plastic crates, and those would work equally well. :thumbsup
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

If you post a pix of your coop/barn, where these would be located, it would give a better vision of what would work best. If you could get a hold of bushels like used for apples, those would work well. Can be screwed to wall, and set up in rows. They are pricey when purchased new, on Amazon, but farm supply may have then for less. Amazon adds free shipping, so price is reflected.
View attachment 2388867
You would attach it to wall on the side, not bottom. Fill bushel half way with hay.
Hei 20
suggested plastic crates, and those would work equally well. :thumbsup
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thank you so much I think these would work ❤️💯

Hi y'all. Can anyone give me some good nesting box ideas. I need like 20 of em. Should I get them made out of wood or metal? I'd plastic a good idea?

Just curious, how many chickens do you have, that you need 20 nesting boxes ?

I've pretty sure you only need 1 for every 3-4 layers.

Back
Top Bottom