Nesting boxes

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Definitely add more windows, chickens need natural lighting for good mental and physical health. Many of their hormonal responses rely on cues from natural light and sunlight. Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!
I do have a large door on the outside of the cool that I open every morning and it stays open until they roost for the night. I leave the window open at night but the coop is actually all opened up for an average of 12-14 hours a day.

Attachments

• 20200919_094615.jpg
    20200919_094615.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 1
I do have a large door on the outside of the cool that I open every morning and it stays open until they roost for the night. I leave the window open at night but the coop is actually all opened up for an average of 12-14 hours a day.
How wide is your current door? I bought some used screen doors from the local habitat for humanity and put those in my coops. The bottom window slides up. I have hardware cloth instead of screen. I usually leave the window on the door open but for rain I sometimes shut them and leave them cracked open on the bottom. More light.
IMG_20160421_095230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom