Nesting Boxes

AustinH

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Hey I am getting 8 chickens and I have two nesting boxes will that work for them or do I have to build more nesting boxes

welcome-byc.gif

They say 3/4 birds per box so 2 will do but personally I would add a third. I have 6 boxes for 16. But chickens being chickens,today had 5 girls in boxes with 3 waiting to get in one even there was one still vacant.

welcome-byc.gif

They say 3/4 birds per box so 2 will do but personally I would add a third. I have 6 boxes for 16. But chickens being chickens,today had 5 girls in boxes with 3 waiting to get in one even there was one still vacant.

Thanks for the advice

I have five hens and they use two of the four boxs. Once in a while I will find one in another box. I left town for two days and found eight eggs in the same nest. franko

You could get by with 2 boxes for 8 birds, but if it were my birds, I'd like to add at least one if not two more boxes to the setup.

For the moment, go with the two boxes taht you have at present, and if you start seeing broken eggs or eggs repeatedly being laid outside the boxes...then you might want to consider another box or two for your coop.

You could get by with 2 boxes for 8 birds, but if it were my birds, I'd like to add at least one if not two more boxes to the setup.

For the moment, go with the two boxes taht you have at present, and if you start seeing broken eggs or eggs repeatedly being laid outside the boxes...then you might want to consider another box or two for your coop.
i had the exact same question! Great info!
goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom