netting

rickochet

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
In the Country!!
Looking for some netting to place over the top of the run i added on to my coop .Anyone have any ideas?Also how do you add a picture to your post?

Last edited:
You could try the plastic deer fencing its seven foot tall so can span a large area and a hundred foot roll is reasonable. I have a neighbor that used it and it worked well.

I ordered 50x50 poultry netting from ebay. Have a tall structure in the center of the run and posts up from the fence. Strung it up kinda like a circus tent and then used another net cut into 4 strips to go on each side and attach to the one over the top. Good luck!

If you search for deer netting you'll find something much less expensive, but I don't know about the difference in quality or strength.

I am going to use deer netting over our run.

I've used snow netting from Menards and it did pretty well detering winged predators and coons. They CAN chew thru the nettings but the snow netting seems to catch the predators when they had the unfortunate mis step and get themselves tangled up in it. Only had one which I think it was a cat or coon, chew thru the netting and never came back again.

To keep the starlings and grackles out of my run which it was chain linked front, I had to buy a fruit tree netting. Did a good job detering those starlings after catching them and killing them, letting the finches and robins go. Haven't had one since after two weeks being installed. No more starlings crapping in the run, ruining feed and waterers. It was great!

Thanks Miss Mira.I'll see if i can find some.These are our first chickens.Six Cinnamon Queens.Bought at six ,now eight wks old.They are just about to eat out of my hand,cracks my wife up.They'll get real close then run off then come back again.Her parents had chickens when she was young so she knows more then me ,but I'm learning.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom