Never expected this.........

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crj, Jun 18, 2011.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    My daughter and I came home a little late the other night. Well for feeding time for all the critters. Since I have a broken ankle she is the one doing all the feeding, watering and letting them in and out. Well, out of no where she found 3 baby runner ducks. Never expected that. I gave one of my turkeys duck eggs to hatch but I thought I gave her pekin eggs never thinking they would ever hatch. Long story on that. I guess the little buggers couldn't get back in to the turkey house and was wondering around looking for Momma....... lol. They are living in my bathtub right now. What a nice surprise to come home too.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Surprise, even more poultry! I'm sure they are very cute.

3. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Awe, that is awesome! I wish I could come home to little runner ducks running around. That would be awesome! Congrats on your new suprise babies! [​IMG]

4. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    What an awesome surprise: [​IMG] I have 5 week old runners and LOVE them. BTW, very sorry to hear about your ankle. My mom broke hers last fall (had to put plates and screws in it to fix it) and I have seen how painful a broken ankle can be....hope yours heals nicely and soon. [​IMG]

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I bet it was a big surprise for the turkey too [​IMG] hatching out babies like that... Those are the nicest kind of surprises... so much better than something like finding a snake curled up asleep behind your toilet. [​IMG]

Great that you have such a helpful daughter too- and hope that ankle heals up quick and doesnt leave any lasting problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by