Never question a Beagles nose = possum

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ams3651, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    My beagle was in the zone today when I was attending to the coop. THe door was open so everyone could go out for a while and even though she knows she isnt supposed to she kept going in and sniffing around. I was ok with it because the youngsters havent really become accustomed to her yet. So Im out sitting on my stump watching the activities when I hear that familiar "I found it!" beagle holler. I shooed her out and right in front of me walked a smallish possom and crawled into the wall. Some how a corner of the wall by the pop door became pulled away from the wall. I didnt want to step on it, I was stunned. We waited a while but it wouldnt come out. I dont think it will hurt the little ones as it is kind of small itself but geeesh. I guess I will have to find someone with a trap. I thought about just nailing it inside but, eewww.

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    If it has teeth it will hurt them. He was there for "club fed", not club med.

3. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    well i decided I will seal that wall up again if hes still in there, well I guess I will know in a couple days. And Im borrowing a trap. She does right back there every time she goes out, Im hoping she gets it for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: