Never send a kid on an important errand...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Terry Allan Hall, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Terry Allan Hall

Terry Allan Hall Out Of The Brooder

Yesterday, I send my son over to a neighbor to pick up 6 Americauna chicks...he came back with 4 Americauna chicks and two Transylvanian Naked-necks (Turkens, to some folks)!

These are two of the most butt-ugly birds I've ever seen...naturally, my wife has already named them, so I reckon they're staying! [​IMG]

Hope they're both hens...

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

HAHA!! Tooo funny! I agree on the "turkens" They are odd looking. A face only a mother could love. Gotta love kids...picking out something odd like that hu?? Congrats on the new additions tho!

3. Terry Allan Hall

The more I look at them in the "nursery" I set up in the kitchen, the more I think they look just like little buzzards!

4. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I totally agree with the whole buzzard thing!!! Everytime I see someon eselling them I'm always like.."why?" I'm sure you will get a lot of attention from your little buzzards!!! With me I normally end up loving the ugly ones the most:)

5. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    they look just like little buzzards

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    They are so ugly that their cuties!!!...DH so far says no way!....lol

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That is a funny story. What's up with your location Republic of Tejas? Last time I checked it was still Texas. [​IMG]

8. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    We have two naked necks that just hatched over the weekend and I am in LOVE [​IMG] I always thought they were the ugliest things until now.

My daughter thinks they're ostriches and actually checked out a book from the library yesterday to look them up!!!

Ashley

9. Terry Allan Hall

Quote:Texas (Tejas is the original spelling) is still a republic...the rest of America just kinda hangs around, hoping that our [​IMG]-factor might rub off on the less fortunates... [​IMG]

My "buzzards":

[​IMG]
    "Turkey Buzzard" and a couple Americauna chicks
    [​IMG]
    "Turkey Buzzard" and "Condor Rice"

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  10. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Gotcha, Terry. That is the truth. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by