Never thought this would happen

hlhutchinson

Songster
5 Years
Aug 26, 2015
Casper Wyo
whentto let my girls out, I have one broody gal (the same one again) went to kick her out of the nest box so Goldie could lay her egg in peace. Started to panic because only Barbrque (my broody) was in the nest box. I could not think how did Goldie get lost she was in the coop when I locked them up last night.
So went to get Barbecue and she was sitting on top of poor Goldie (who is a smaller chicken). The nest box has plenty of room for 2 gals at one time but... crazy chicken

I've found up to three or even 4 hens in a nest box if one or two are smaller chickens.

This also occurs in the dead of smer and last year I had to pull a couple girls out because they were at risk of dieing of heat stroke on a day that was 100+ degrees especially with the heat index. It also was 100% humidity that day.

I've found up to three or even 4 hens in a nest box if one or two are smaller chickens.

This also occurs in the dead of smer and last year I had to pull a couple girls out because they were at risk of dieing of heat stroke on a day that was 100+ degrees especially with the heat index. It also was 100% humidity that day.
Silly chickens

She’s broody again for a photo poor Goldie all she wants is to lay her egg
I wonder if she crawls under Barbecue (the Brodie one) or if Barbecue crawls on top of Goldie
FEF08586-1F6D-458C-B09F-7E4D4BA8D8D5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom