1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Neverwet on coop floor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bdickey, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bdickey

bdickey Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Has anyone here thought about using the new product "Neverwet" on the their coop floor? It looks to me to be an awesome way to prevent the poop from sticking and making cleanup easier.

I have seen a video where a guy pours a bottle of barbecue sauce on his white sneakers and the sauce just slides off. From what I can tell it doesn't make the surface slippery, just hydrophobic so it repels moisture.

2. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    Probably would take a lot of cans of Neverwet to cover a coop floor. And it would probably prove to be a complete waste of time and money. You want the best floor coat, get Blackjack #57 from Lowes.

3. kbh82310

kbh82310 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013
    Nc
    That's a great idea! I'm interested in seeing what people say, I would love to use that in my duck pen

4. bdickey

bdickey Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Good point. I guess it depends on the size of your coop. It says it covers 10-15 sq ft. So best case scenario- if you had a small coop and only had to apply it once every couple years and it worked really great in preventing poop-stick it may be worth it. If you have a bigger coop or it doesn't last as long or it doesn't work that great it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Although, if you do have a small coop the uncertain variables are how long it lasts and how well it works.

5. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by