New 8 x 8 coop nest box roost placement

hangin'witthepeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Colbert, GA
Should I use one wall as the roosts (with droppings board) and the nests underneath or roosts on one wall and nests on the other? I just don't know what I want. I know I do not want external next boxes as my first attempt at an external nest box leaks like crazy and I had to put a sheet of linoleum over it which is a pain to collect eggs as it is not holding up well. What would be the best arrangement? I definately want a droppings board (pan with DLM) underneath the roosts. I would like a potential broody area also. Got any pictures of yours? I need suggestions as this weekend we will be done with the roof and siding. Thanks you guys, I just love this forum. Melissa

We have our nesting box under our roost. We have lots of windows in our coop so we only have one wall for both see pic below. Also we only have 2 chickens

36893_nest1.jpg

I love my external nest boxes. Makes it so much easier to collect eggs without disturbing everyone so much. If there is a girl in there I just close it back up, carefully, and come back later. If you roof it properly it shouldn't leak. But, what ever you want is fine with me. Just my opinion.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom